When you are a newbie who started a website, you would surely search for the ways to bring visitors for your content. This can be quite confusing to know where to start. In this article, we’re going to learn how to get started to boost your website traffic. So let’s begin.
Boost Your Website Traffic
To boost your website traffic, you need to have visibility on search engines which is the most basic step. So to put your newly created website in the search engine, you would need to have a Gmail account. It’s pretty much obvious that you’d already have a Gmail account. So let’s not wait more time and begin.
1. Login to Google Search Console.
2. On the right-hand side, you would see Add Property, click on it.
3. Now follow up the step and upload the verification file in order to begin up.
4. Once done, go to your website’s dashboard and being installed Yoast SEO plugin.
Yoast SEO allows you to automatically generate sitemaps for your website. It will automatically update the sitemap every time you add/remove/edit content on your website. Thus, keeping its search console updated with the submission of URL to the Search Engine Result Page or SERP.
5. Once installed and configured, go to your Google Search Console and on the left-hand side, you will see “Sitemaps”. Click on it.
6. Now you will be navigated to submit your website’s sitemap. Add your sitemap file with extension as given by Yoast SEO.
Yoast SEO automatically assigns you sitemap over sitemap.xml file through .htaccess rule. So if your website if example.com, your sitemap will be located at example.com/sitemap.xml.
7. Submit your sitemap and wait for a few hours before Google fetches all URL properly and indexes them accordingly. Adding sitemap multiple times won’t affect the search engine ranking so it’s better to add once.
8. This is how it would look once Google has submitted your website.
To check if your website is successfully indexed, go to Google.com and type “site:example.com” where example.com will be your domain name. If it is indexed, you will see your website in the search engine search result page or SERP.
You will now notice your website is added to Google. For now, you will have to keep your website updated and have a social media page/account where you will post the URL of content you update regularly. This will help you to boost your website traffic.